pages

Monday, July 5, 2010

結婚おめでとう Chad and Makiko!

I love weddings! When two people get together and decide to sign the paper that shows them husband and wife its a declaration of their commitment and love to each other. Its saying to the world and to each other that you can't live without each other and that your partner is the person you want to be with for the rest of your life. Well, that's my interpretation of marriage anyway....whats yours?
I know lots of people don't think its really necessary to get married if you're already happy and satisfied in a relationship. I used to think that way, but life really does change when you get married. Its totally different from being boyfriend/girlfriend.
Anyway, this day isn't about me, its about my friend Chad who married a beautiful and wonderful women, Makiko.
It was a perfect wedding! They had a traditional Japanese ceremony at a temple and despite it being a VERY humid and uncomfortable sitting outside for the ceremony (not to mention getting bit by mosquitoes), it was interesting to see a Japanese ceremony for the first time. Both Chad and Makiko were very happy and calm even though they were being shuffled around all day.

Group shot with Makiko's friends.


I've known Chad for about 3 years now. Met him at the running club and this guy can run! Great triathlete and drinker. I never was much of a drinking partner for him, but we'd meet up for a run occasionally and I remember him telling me very clearly about this women he was interested in. 2 years later they are madly in love and decided to marry. Makiko is really perfect for him. Not only can she speak great English and tolerates his training, she loves drinking just as much as him. This was a very important factor for both of them haha!

Yay, I'm a Rubenstein! I actually am still a Hirasawa, but for formal situations I use Rubenstein. Its growing on me and I think as soon as we start a family, I'll make a trip to the city hall to change my name.


Grand entrance of the beautiful couple. AW, look how they are glowing!


I had a full vegan meal from appetizers to dessert. Thank you Chad for arranging that for me!


Cake Cutting.


Makiko was a cheerleader and her cheerleader friends put on a show for them. It was quite awesome! They were very sentimental and there was lots of tears shed between bride and her cheering friends. It was really sweet!


Thank you so much Chad and Makiko for sharing your special day with us. It was such an honor to attend and meet your family and friends. You both are so beautiful and perfect for each other! Wishing you many many happy years together!

2 comments:

  1. aw looks wonderful! love the chearleading part lol It really is a show of commitment to others that you're serious and not mucking around! Because once you proclaim you're together for life, you can't unclaim it :D. They look so happy

    I also need to change my name when this baby pops out for consistency sake, but I almost can't be bothered!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, yeah I know what you mean! I can't be bothered right now too. You better get a move on quick though! Does it take time to change your name there? In Japan, there's a 3 month window(after getting married) where its fairly easy and uncomplicated to change your name. After that its longer and harder I heard.
    Damn, why does it have to be the female that changes the name eh?

    ReplyDelete