pages

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Spring - Time for a new post

Alright, I've been so lazy. I thought about this blog, but deliberately ignored it!
Why? Because earlier this year, right after we came back from our honeymoon in the Maldives, I spent 2 days trying to post photos on this cheap cheap (free/crappy) blog and failed!
I attempted to put too many photos up and the blog started moving at snails pace.
So I gave up.
Motozo ended up posting the photos up on his blog and I put photos up on my facebook. So honeymoon is behind us (with lots of warm feelings still) and lots has happened since.

We moved into a new place which is bigger, new and absolutely wonderful. It took us awhile to settle in, but I think we finally unpacked all the boxes. I scrubbed the place spotless for our housewarming party last weekend and of course, with lots of guests, the place got a little messy so....no photos until I clean everything again.

Last month I thought I'd post about my Japanese studying. But think its a little boring so I'll make it brief. I'm going to Japanese language school full time. That equals to about 4 hours of classroom time a day, 5 days a week and the rest of the day doing homework. It really does take me HOURS sometime to finish my homework. It used to stress me out, but I'm finally getting a little more used to being a student instead of working. I've made friends with fellow students and I feel very productive after a long day of studying. I finished my first 3 months and starting from Monday, I'm starting another 3 month course. I've had 3 weeks of spring holiday and loved every minute of it! I have 2 days left and I wanted to make the most of it so today I went out to admire whats left of the sakura.
Near by is Yoyogi-Park, our favorite place to run, so I went there today.




I tried uploading a video clip of the sakura, but it took over an hour so I gave up. I will try youtube method and try posting it again.

Still haven't figured out how I can post the video directly onto this site so here's a link. Nothing special, just my walk in the park.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKt20EkAEes

2 comments:

  1. so nice to see an update from you! I was wondering how your japanese was going, sounds full on! How long is the course all up? Take pics of the house when you clean it next :) Love moving into new places and the orderliness of it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a 3 month course. You take an exam at the end of 3 months and if you pass then you can choose to go to the next level which is also 3 months.
    Yeah, it's pretty intensive! I'm not sure if I'll continue after this 2nd time which will make it a total of 6 months studying. It's great to have something to do, but at the same time I go kind of crazy just thinking/worrying about Japanese. Well...at least I can read kanji better now.
    Yep, I'll take pictures soon. I actually video cam'd the whole place, but its too large to post on here and I don't have software for shrinking video's.....:(

    ReplyDelete