pages

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Pull Ups, Dips, Push ups...toned arms here we come!



A new exercise equipment requires a post! The beauty above is what we got. I want to give it a name, but haven't come up with a good one yet. Any ideas?
So this mental thing is for pull ups, dips, push ups and other things like hanging leg raises etc.
Recently, I've gotten really into body weight exercises and wanted a pull up bar. Unfortunately, our new place has rules on what we can and can't do. Of course, we aren't allowed to drill holes or even use tacks on the walls :(
Motozo actually has a proper pull up bar, but it needs to be screwed between a door frame and we'd have to pay a huge fine if we did that. Instead we went searching online for a substitute.
Good ol'Amazon never fails and we had our lovely tall metal sent to us in less then a week.
It hardly takes any space in the gym room as well and I think it makes us look more fit then we really are. Ma, korekara desune....
I'm so proud of myself for putting together the entire thing BY MYSELF! I had Motozo tighten all the screws and he assisted (carried) me on a few pull ups. My God, pull ups are HARD!
That's why I've put my little step ladder under so I can at least use one leg to push myself off.
I'm so excited and can't wait to do lots of different exercises with this thing!

Besides exercise, I've started school again and I'm enjoying the social aspect of it quite a bit. Of course, its only been 3 days so we'll see how I feel in a month or so when the homework increases and the lessons get harder.

4 comments:

  1. mehehe you'll use it fully, unlike the contraptions I find in this house that collect dust! It looks realy high! Max has one that goes inbetween doorway without screws but uses pressure, we've used it in the previous house and when we moved we didn't create any real noticable damage, that was amazing.

    I love the little stool too, need one of those in the house for general cupboard reaching purposes :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your treadmill. But I don't understand why you guys wanted to hide your treadmill by lowering the top part. Exercise machines should be admired! Haha
    Yeah, I love my stool too. When we went shopping for furniture at Ikea, I refused to leave until we found me a stool. But I actually wish I had a fold up one now. If you want a stool that folds they don't have at Ikea....just so you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gabe would love this, we have one too, but its already a bit rusty. I didn't rest well enough after my pregnancies and have muscle that bothers me still... I'm having to work it up extra extra slowly. So you know Lil, take it easy a whole year after delivery, it's worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Mia,
    Have a look online. They really are quite affordable. Even ones you can just hang on your door frame if you have the right frame.

    ReplyDelete