pages

Monday, April 19, 2010

3 more days to Oxfam Trailwalker 100k HIke

For the pass 3 weeks, every Sunday I go hiking with my lovely Oxfam Trailwalker team.
Oxfam Trailwalker is a event to raise funds for countries where there is severe poverty. A team, which consists of 4 members, must raise a certain amount to participate in this event. Together as a team they must complete a total of 100kilometers. This isn't just a stroll in the park either, but rather through pretty tough terrain(steep steep steep) and sometime harsh weather.

Two years ago I did this and told myself I'd never to do it again because it was so tough! We walked for 2 days with only 40mins of sleep total and finished somewhere around 32 hours or so. It was a wonderful feeling to have finished, but I have to admit the second day was not fun at all.
Last year Motozo did it and I joined him for the last 20k or so and I was very happy that I didn't sign up for the full hike. But.....here I am again....

Honestly, I was VERY excited and enjoyed all the training hikes we did. Its so great to get out of the city, breath in fresh air and move my body for over 6 hours a day. But today my right foot feels very sore where my Tokyo Marathon injury was. My excitement has turned into....worry.
We start the hike on Friday and today is Monday. I guess the only thing I can do is to do only yoga since thats the least weight bearing exercise I do. So for the next 3 days or so I'll be stretching and working on my pull ups. I'll finish this with some beautiful shots of yesterdays hike. WISH ME LUCK!

SNOW AND SAKURA! How often do you see that eh?


A Bit of Spring Delight!


I'm modeling my teams walking sticks and my new camelbak. Camelbacs make drinking water SO easy (no need to unscrew any tops or reach behind for a bottle) I end up drinking lots and having to go to the bathroom way more often then my team likes. This will come in handy when I start running again. You can see that the guy eating his lunch behind me is very jealous of my gear!

2 comments:

  1. haha great model, looks beautiful! can't believe there's snow at this time of the year! take care o your foot, you don't want that bothering you on the actual hike

    ReplyDelete
  2. It snowed just that Friday (we hiked on Sunday). This year, winter doesn't seem to go away completely. Yesterday was extremely warm and today is back to cold. Unfortunately, there is snow in Hakone (that's were the 100k hike will be), so we're expecting a very very muddy and wet first day and night. Darn it!

    ReplyDelete