pages

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Another green smoothy

The desire for a green smoothie hit this morning. I usually really enjoy an apple and banana for the crunch factor, but today I don't feel like chewing just yet.
I whipped up this smoothie real quick and it was so satisfying and delicious! YAY for fresh raw foods!
Recently, I've actually started feeling a little guilty over my cup of coffee in the morning and recently another one in the noon....and even today after having such a healthy drink I still wanted my coffee and fought with myself for a few minutes before caving in and allowing myself a cup.
I know studies show that coffee has health properties, so coffee in moderation is really alright. But this Raw Diet thing that I've been studying about is starting to get to me.....I'm not sure I can give up coffee just yet (I LOVE coffee!), but we'll see....

Anyway, to the glorious smoothie. I blended:
1 frozen banana
1 peeled kiwi
2 large hand fulls of fresh spinach
1 teaspoon of hempseed
1 teaspoon of chia seeds
approx 1/2 cup of water to help blend everything(it turned out pretty thick)

I took photos of the breakdown process of banana and kiwi etc but the photos didn't turn out so well :(
So, starting from the blended fruits and vegetables and showing here the hemp and chia seeds.


The end result. Look how green!


I'm considering getting myself a proper camera so I can shoot better photos. Recommendations please!

I heard last night that Lilia is in contraction mode.....I've been keeping my phone near by in-case I get a call about her going into labor or delivering the baby. So far...silence! The suspense is killing me! I can't wait for my 2nd niece to arrive....tanoshimi!

4 comments:

  1. I wouldn't worry too much about drinking coffee, there are plenty of good side effects that come from 'drinking the drip'
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_effects_of_coffee
    That green looks really yum! I bet if you added mocha in there, it would be quite wow :P.
    OH I KNOW! Lilia's unusual silence online is getting to meeeeee oh oh oh oh when!
    Once you get a new camera what're you going to do with your old one? 0.o

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I can't wait to hear the news about the baby and Lils!

    I usually don't feel like Mocha in the morning. Too heavy and sweet. But I do like it as a snack so I'll make a mocha smoothie and dedicate it for you one day soon.

    If I got a new camera I'd still keep my old one. The good thing about the one I have is that it's very compact. I think a better quality camera will be larger and heavier so.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. oo instead of cofee eat 99% chocolate in the morn...gives that kick. sorry didnt call skype, its been mad town since arrival of baby...3 days crying..hope we can get routine soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. aw, you poor thing! I hope Amelie settles down and gives both you and her lungs a little break.

    ReplyDelete