pages

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Power Bracelet


I got a new piece of jewelry. Its strange calling it jewelry because that word makes it sound so trivial. This is a special bracelet. I don't know the Japanese name for it, but majority of Japanese people have these stone bracelets. Whether you believe in it or not, the belief is that stones have powers so wearing certain stones can deflect some negative things or bring something positive to ones life.
I've always wanted to get myself a bracelet, but couldn't find a shop near by. I close friend at school, Miyabi Lin, had stone bracelets and I asked her where she got hers. So last Friday she took me the shop and she helped me choose the stones. I choose Amethyst and Cartz (correct me if I'm wrong Miyabi). It should give me self control and clarity. I'm in love with it! The photo makes the purple look almost black. But its actually a really pretty purple.
Thank you for your help Miyabi!. She has such a positive influence on me. It's amazing how certain people can affect you in different ways. Where would we be without friendship!

5 comments:

  1. aww it's beautiful! It's so funny because I was looking for a present for you and I found these ugly sports bracelets that have this hologram that apparently has healing properties or puts your body in balance, I of course didn't get it :D but it's funny how you ended up getting a bracelet for yourself and much prettier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thats nice of you to look for something for me. I know those sports bracelets. They aren't the most attractive, but probably more wearable then the beads actually ha.
    No worries, you don't need to get me anything :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful. I have a large tiger eye pendant that I actually got for Gabe's birthday last year, but he doesn't believe in it. Tiger Eye brings you wealth or keeps you financially stable... and because he rejected it we are now in debt! lol.
    I think they are called Juzu or just Karuma Bi-zu will do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw! Shame on Gabe. Juzu Or Karuma Bi-zu, Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey beautiful Meg...

    You are too sweet girl. I'm in love with you. ;) hehe.

    It's actually "Quartz" Here's a link: (you might like what it means) http://www.gemstonegifts.com/stones/quartz_crystal.htm
    It looks very lovely on you and doesn't it make it more special that you chose it and put it together? :D

    Thank you so much I really enjoy this very positive blossoming friendship! And the pleasure is all mine! Hey! you inspire me Meg, don't you forget that now.

    Okay, now I'm having Meg withdrawals, looking forward to seeing you in school tomorrow.

    Gonna take a short nap before my run x

    ReplyDelete